JE Dunn understands the importance of healthy work environments and is well-versed in the WELL Building certification process. In fact, JE Dunn’s Kansas City Headquarters office was the first building to achieve WELL certification under the current version of the standard WELL v2 ™ in Missouri. Designing, constructing, and occupying a Well Building better equips our project teams to consult with our clients as they increase their wellness-oriented objectives within their facilities.
WELL uses a body of scientific research to assess and certify facility standards, operational policies, and building design with human health in mind. There are four levels of certification, including bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
JE Dunn went through a comprehensive audit of our existing building and put together a plan of modifications and upgrades to meet the WELL standards and improve the daily experience of our employees.
The WELL Building Standard is comprised of over100 factors that are either performance-based or descriptive standards, so careful monitoring of the score sheet and necessary steps was important. JE Dunn can be a trusted guide for other companies and organization through the certification process.
HEADQUARTERS' WELL BUILDING STATS
- 100 Tested Factors
- 1st Building in Missouri to be Gold Certified
- 5 Steps including registration, documentation requirements, performance verification, certification, and recertification.
- Water-low flow and waterless plumbing fixtures and rainwater reclaim were part of our original design. We looked at a system that could save up to 30% of our make-up water for our cooling towers.
- Green House Gases (GHG)-our building is “all-electric”
- Pollutants-we invested in Merv 14 with our original design. When COVID hit, we researched and added bi-polar ionization to our air handling equipment to make our air even cleaner. Our air quality testing results were outstanding!
- Energy- although our building is relatively new, we have already done a lighting retrofit from T-5s to LED, saving energy. We also added 2-26kW solar arrays on our roof.
- Waste-we recycle and compost. 86% of what goes out of out building is either recycled or composted!
- Lunch is a time to socialize while enjoying the outdoors. Showcasing healthy food options, ingredients, and calories help support employee well being.
- JE Dunn used WELL as a framework for developing an acoustic design plan to maximize cubicles in the office, providing mental health program opportunities, and ensuring natural light is close to every workspace.